Sept. 21, 2021
Version 3.5 of Stitch Painter is compatible with Macintosh OS Catalina and Big Sur. W This initial upgrade is a phased release of the software. We are releasing this in phases so our Stitch Painter customers can be operative on the new OS.
All critical functions are in the software and the less important ones continue to be added and thus you will receive update versions as we progress.
Technically, this is a 'beta' version. Although tested, it has not reached a full audience yet. Rest assured that we will address oddities as they come up.
If you are upgrading from other than version 3/3.1, please email us if we haven't already posted other upgrade options. email@example.com
What is Working
- All Tools
- Repeat Design
- Designing in General
- Saving and Loading
- Use of Symbols, Colors, Texture Panels
- Edit mode of the panels
- Stencil Functions
- File>Open Recent
- Palette> Rotate Items
- Export – JPG, BMP and PCX seem to work… needs some testing
Symbols Panel/Texture Panel/Color
- Resizing from lower right corner enlarges the symbols/textures display
- Resizing while in Edit mode – adds more slots but keeps the slots the same size.
- To edit Symbols/Colors/Textures, use the Edit button in the upper right. Click on the Done button when you are through editing.
What's Not Working Yet
File Menu Things
- Revert to Saved
- Exporting – Not all file formats work. JPG, BMP, and PCX seem to work but need testing.
- Set Defaults
Edit Menu Things
- Copy and Paste things
- Undo in the Edit menu doesn't necessarily reflect the action that was just undone but the History panel is fine
- Show Rulers
- Load From
The installer you will receive doesn't include any Plug-Ins, so if you own a Plug-In, you can move the files into the Plug-In folder within Stitch Painter's folder. Details below explain which functions work or don't work yet for the various plug-ins.
- Bead Grids are working
- Generate Text Summary – working
- Color Sets – not working (e.g. Delica)
- Shift Grid – working
- Color Sets – not working (e.g. DMC)
Full Color Import
- Not working yet